Monday, December 20, 2010

CDC Thanksgiving Program

On November 17, Elijah's preschool put on a wonderful Thanksgiving program. Little did they know, they would have a surprise guest appearance! All I knew going into the program was that Eli was a pilgrim. I was tickled to see that he was the "head" of the pilgrims leading the boat out to the middle of the carpet. After he handed off the ship, he snuck over to Keira and I (we were right in front) to give Keira a hug before he got back to the action.



Well, it was all Keira needed. I guess she thought it was an invitation, or she got jealous. In the program, the pilgrims and Native Americans started hugging and after Eli started hugging his favorite little two year old girl, Keira was wriggling out of my lap. Before I knew it she was hugging Eli, too. In this picture you can see Eli hugging Keira in the left hand side of the picture, and his favorite two year old Avani is in the right side of the picture.


I debated jumping up onto the "stage" and grabbing Keira but I realized that I would cause more of a disturbance once she started howling. Also, I don't know how many parents even noticed. Throughout the performance, many of the kids were floating off the stage and into their parents' arms and back up into the action again. I decided to wait it until there was a little break in the program. But, Keira was definitely in her element. She beamed, smiled and clapped.





Eli did a great job of gently directing and herding her. I think in a way, it made it even more special for him to share his moment with her. He's such an amazing big brother.


After a few minutes, and lots of laughter from me and Dendi, the dramatic part of the performance finished, and they regathered to sing. Which gave me a chance to grab Keira. Then, all the preschoolers (at least those actually enrolled!) sang "I'm a Little Turkey." After the song, I got a quick picture with my two little performers.



After the show, we all headed down the hall for a potluck Thanksgiving feast. The room was decorated adorably with the kids' art. Here's a picture of Eli's pilgrim and Eli and Keira sitting at the kids' table for the feast.

No comments: