Sometime on Sunday while we were at Six Flags, Keira's umbilical cord stub fell off. So, on Monday, when she was officially one week old, I gave her her first bath. With Eli I tried the little tub method of cleaning him, and it worked okay. But, one of my favorite Pediatricians at our practice recommended something brilliant -- take him in the bath with us. So, as I did with Eli, I took Keira in the bath with me. She was hungry when we got in the tub, so she happily nursed once we got in the tub. I'm sure that helped to alleviate any possible adverse reaction. The combination of the warm water and the nursing put her in a peaceful, heavenly zone. She was VERY unhappy when I finally handed her off to Scott after her bath to be dried off. I told him, it probably replicated the birth experience. Poor girl, and poor Daddy, I made him take some pictures of her being dried off so we had some record of her first bath.

No comments:
Post a Comment