Saturday, February 14, 2009

Jumping Jelly Beans -- Money Well Spent

We have belonged to Jumping Jelly Beans for almost a month now. It was definitely money well spent. I had no idea how much his confidence in climbing and jumping could improve in a month. It's been really neat to see. Scott and Eli average about five visits per week. Sometimes I come along, and sometimes I'm at yoga when they go. We've started bringing our own slightly deflated beach ball since there's always a rush on the balls and he can grab, throw and catch his own ball the best.

I loved playing with Eli the first two days we joined -- climbing and jumping and sliding right along with Eli. Then Tom pointed out that they had a "no pregnancy" warning on the side of all the inflatables -- bummer. It's still fun to watch Scott and Eli romp around, but I'll be really happy when I'm no longer pregnant and can play again too. The other day Eli and I went to Jumping Bridge Park after Storytime at the library. I was so impressed by how his skills and new-found confidence at the jumping place translated to playing at the park. He climbed up a lot of things that used to be a struggle without any hesitation. And, he went down the slide head first "Superman Style", something he's never tried before. Then, the other night at Jumping Jelly Beans he climbed up everything all by himself and slid down all the slides by himself too. He even slid down the big slide all by himself which is especially impressive since it's HUGE. Here are a few mediocre pictures from his victorious night.


No comments: