Fortunately, the doctor gave us the best case scenario. His fever was spiking from his ear infection, and his lungs sounded clear. He put Elijah on antibiotics for the ear infection and felt confident it would clear in a few days. Since the fever didn't indicated anything scary, we decided to medicate Elijah and take our two sickies out for a little Trick or Treating. Of course, despite his condition, Elijah acted like he could've gone door to door all night. Keira enjoyed it, too. Although she got cold and tired fairly quickly. I carried her most of the way and woke up the next morning with sore arms. Unfortunately, I hadn't thought of bringing the sling. Halloween made such an impression on Keira that she's been talking about it every day since. She tells me things that she remembers from that night like the scary poster on one door and the monster(?) that she saw. She's also said a few times that she wants to put her Tinkerbell outfit on and go trick or treating again, so she can get more candy. I've tried to explain how we'll do it again next year, but, of course, that sense of time is lost on a two year old.
Here are some pictures of our cuties getting ready to go out.
Elijah and I decided on their costumes once I realized that he wanted them to match again. First, we tried to look into "Jake and The Neverland Pirates", one of their favorite Disney Junior shows. We couldn't find anything for Jake or Izzie which was our original idea. Instead, I found a great Captain Hook costume. Captain Hook is the nemesis in the show, although he's more of a bumbling buffoon rather than a scary character. Then, we found a Tinkerbell costume for Keira. Even though, Keira's never seen a Tinkerbell movie, she's one of the only Disney characters that Keira recognizes since she's at the beginning of all Disney videos. And, Tinkerbell is talked about a lot in "Jake and The Neverland Pirates" since she gave Izzie pixie dust to use in emergencies. Both of them got into character this year, Elijah gave us lots of appropriate sneers and for a while Keira would only answer to Tinkerbell. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment