Thursday, October 7, 2010

House Update -- Pipes, Brick, Siding and Walls

The house building process continues to be extremely exciting. Yesterday, they started painting inside and outside of the house. Of course, I didn't have a camera with me, but I'll take a few soon. As for now, the most recent pictures I have document pipes, brick, siding and walls. First, right after framing the walls, they started installing plumbing including: the pipes, shower stalls and tubs.


One of the most exciting days was when they put in our brick. The kids fell asleep in the back of the car, and as we often do, we took a nap drive. As I've been doing since we've started building our house, I nap drive through our new subdivision so that I can watch the progress. Eli woke up at least a half and hour before Keira and he was interested in watching the bricklaying so I parked in front of our house. We watched for at least an hour. Both Eli and I thought that brick laying looked like fun, soothing work. Now Eli has added brick mason to his possible future careers along with teacher and Disney World employee. But, the only way that he wants to do those jobs is if I promise to work with him. :)

Here are pictures of the front of the house with our new brick and siding. That is not the final color of our siding, that's just the base color.


Using some of the extra brick, Scottie made some brick art for the kids.


One of our new neighbors generously offered to take our whole gang's photo on our new front porch. After she left, I asked Dendi to take a picture with just the four of us. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out. Eli was more than done with posing for pictures.


Finally, after working on the exterior, the work continued inside, on the walls. They took about a week to sheet rock, and once the walls were finished, the house looked much more like a house. Here's a view looking through the kitchen into the breakfast nook.


At this pace, the builder says that our house should be completed by the middle of November. That's a whole month earlier than our original closing date. Exciting!

No comments: