Thursday, July 1, 2010

Playmates



As I mentioned a bit in my last post, we've been struggling a little with Eli's behavior. I think it's a combination of things -- he seems to be outgrowing his nap (sigh) and is consequently overtired, he's used to being at home all the time with just me, we had him a little overscheduled and probably most importantly he was getting sick. As he's slowly working his way through this cold, his behavior seems to be improving, too (fingers crossed).

Yet, the amazing thing is, no matter how he treats us, he's always wonderful with Keira. He shares with her, always wants to spend time with her, and now even plays with her. Honestly, we couldn't have asked for a kinder, gentler, more patient big brother. Keira is so lucky.

Now Keira and Eli are moving into an exciting new stage of their relationship -- they're finally becoming playmates. It's adorable. I noticed it especially at Dendi's house over the weekend. They played together for a long time in Eli's Bob Tent, they played next to each other in the kitchen, and several times she "chased" him up the stairs while he yelled, "Where's Eli?" She was giggling, laughing and nearly falling all over herself trying to scramble up the stairs. She smiles and laughs for him like she does for no one else. And, he was the first person she said "hi" to. I love watching their relationship blossom.





No comments: