Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Cookies

This week has been a little tricky as far as Eli's behavior is concerned. He has a very short fuse. If he doesn't get his way, he storms into his room screaming and crying. Thursday was especially difficult. Fortunately, I kept my cool and I don't think I contributed to the problem, but I was happy when Scott got home to relieve me. The good thing is that he goes in his room on his own accord, so that I canI close the door behind him if he's being too loud. I tell him that when he's ready to be calm I'll be happy to talk to him. It's usually short-lived, but frustrating nonetheless. Scott and I are trying to convey to him that he can solve problems in much more fruitful ways, but I guess it's just one of the things that comes with the age. By comparison, two was such a breeze...

As I said, the temper tantrums are short lived, and besides Thursday, they don't seem to dominate the day. We managed to have a good week despite the behavior snafus, and even managed to squeeze in a little holiday fun. Last Sunday, on Scott's last day of his vacation, Eli and I baked Christmas cookies. He was mostly interested in sampling as he went and making as much mess with the flour as possible.




But, he still managed to enjoy the rest of the process including: mixing, rolling out the dough and using the cookie cutters.


No comments: