Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tummy Time

Fortunately, Keira puts up with Tummy Time. Eli never would, which was probably why he learned to crawl AFTER he learned to walk. Mind you, Keira doesn't enjoy Tummy Time, but she tolerates it. The best way for me to get the most Tummy Time out of her is to flip her over onto her tummy on the bed when she wakes up from her nap. She is still averaging about four naps per day. Especially in the morning, she wants to be up for an hour to an hour and a half and then go down for an hour nap. She generally wakes up happy from her naps, and as long as she's not poopy I flip her over. I sing to her to help prolong her happiness. I sing a medley so that she doesn't get bored with one song. With so much Tummy Time, she's getting strong. As you can see from the second picture she looks like she's almost ready to roll over.



We went to the doctor last Wednesday for her four month visit. As you can probably tell from the pictures, she's plumping up quite nicely. At two months she was a little less than twelve pounds, and now at four months she's almost seventeen pounds! Here's all of the official data: she's 25 in. long which is the 72%, she weighs 16 lbs. 10 oz. which is the 93%, and her head circumference is 43 cm which is the 90%. Honestly, with the comments people were making I was worried that she might be overweight. But, the pediatrician emphatically disagreed. Her BMI is 18 and you aren't overweight until you are over 25. In fact, she said that they like to see babies plumping up on breastmilk and to keep it up.

In other Keira news, she is now using her hands constantly. It's so fun to watch. When I put her on her changing table she immediately grabs her feet. And, when I move her around to her various perches I always hand her a toy. Her favorite toys have crinkly paper -- she loves her crinkly book, and her two crinkly bees. Her all time favorite toy is probably her crinkly bee which I leave in the car. This new found interest in touching everything has also made our car rides much easier. She is still wanting to nap about every hour, which makes getting out of the house challenging. But, at play group or Jumping Jelly Beans she'll sometimes take little cat naps on my shoulder.

Finally, I've entered a contest to try to get free groceries for a year using one of Keira's smiley pictures. If you get the chance, I would be ever so thankful if you could follow this link and vote for her picture. If you have the time, you can even vote once a day...
Wide Open Grin Kraft Cheesy Smile Contest

No comments: