Sunday, July 12, 2009

Keira at Six Weeks and Our Bathing Beauties

True to form, I'm a good two weeks behind... we just got back from the Lake House, so I haven't posted in quite a while. We had a nice time. Eli spent hours in the water each day, and loved the waterfront more than ever(pictures to follow later, probably in about two weeks). But, we also realized how difficult it is to parent two away from home. It's tricky at best. Of course it was also wonderful to spend so much time with the family, and they helped make being away from home a little easier.

Unfortunately, Keira has turned over a new leaf. She wants to be held at all times. This has only been going on for about five days now, but for those five days I've been holding her almost constantly. It's made me feel fried. Scott is trying to help as much as he possibly can, but there's only so much he can do without the necessary equipment. She is still spending a good 10-30 minutes at a time in her blue vibrating seat or having mobile time in her crib, but compared to the fact that she was napping up to eight hours per day in her blue seat or swing, that's nothing. She is still sleeping quite a bit, but it's mostly on me. I'm trying to enjoy all the cuddle time, which is wonderful, and not dwell on the future. But, right now I'm not able to do a whole lot with Eli, which makes me especially concerned about when Scott goes back to work in three weeks. As I said, I'm trying not to worry too much. This too shall pass.

On a completely different note, here are some of my favorite pictures of Keira at six weeks old. She is getting to be so much fun, and these pictures show the beginning of this new stage. She smiles constantly, whenever anyone talks to her in a high pitched voice and she coos her response -- so cute.




And, some pictures of our two babies in the bath with me--

No comments: