
Eli is a myna bird lately, you have to be very careful what you say around him. He tries to repeat verbatim about a third to a half of the sentences that I say. But, I think the most interesting things are when he has obviously synthesized some information and then uses it in a new context. Lately, one of his favorite things to say is, "Iss Ewi's Job." He says it almost solemnly. He'll say it when we're playing in the closet and he's closing the doors, or when he's dumping Duplo's into his dump truck or when he's finding color matches in his Maisy game. The funny thing is Scott and I have no idea where he picked it up.


Yesterday afternoon, Eli talked about wanting to go to the potty or read his potty books, I can't remember how it started. He started going into the bathroom and didn't want us to come with him. We weren't sure about leaving him in the bathroom by himself, and his potty seat was all put away, as he hasn't shown much interest lately. I waited a few minutes outside the door, then asked him if he needed help, he did. When I opened the door, he had almost set it up all by himself. He had moved his heavy wooden hand washing stool away from the bathroom cupboard, got out his potty seat, put it on the toilet (a little crookedly) and set up his potty stool, and had even pulled out the bottom step. All I had to do was straighten out the potty seat and help him up and he was ready to go. I started reading his potty books to him and he started pooping! I couldn't believe it, I don't think we're ready to potty train yet, he still doesn't seem to be able to identify very often before he has to go. But, it's a step in the right direction.

Tonight we went to Dendi and BaPa's house for dinner. We had a nice time and got to see Dendi, BaPa, NiNi and Ms. Andrea whom we haven't seen since getting back from Disney World. Eli enjoyed driving his car, eating the grape tomatoes that he'd picked off Dendi's vine, doing puzzles with Dendi, trying on Dendi's crocs, stepping on Andrea's feet and going upside down with Daddy.







On the way home, we passed the playground in Dendi's subdivision, and Eli wanted to stop and play. I'm glad we did -- Eli saw his first rainbow. He also played on the playground, emptied the wood chips out of his shoes (he learned how to put his shoes on in Disney World), played in the gazebo and ran through the grass with me, Daddy and Dendi. It was a nice end to a pleasant evening and I think it did the trick -- he fell asleep pretty early tonight.






P.S. Happy Birthday Aunt Seana! We went out to breakfast with Seana and mom this morning, but I forgot my camera. Oh well, more birthday festivity pictures to come as we'll go out to dinner this weekend to celebrate her birthday with the family.
1 comment:
Way to go Eli! Isn't it funny how the whole potty training thing sneaks up on you? :)
Post a Comment